This month we're introducing our Hitoshizuku Tea Set, a little ceramic set that teaches how to serve Japanese tea to beginner enthusiasts. Beyond teaching you how to pour tea in the Japanese tradition, serving tea let you acquire a hospitable spirit towards your friends and family. In honor of this upcoming Mother's Day, we bring you a beginner tea-making tutorial, starring Yuka, our founder, and her son Riku.
1. Let an adult fill the teacup with hot water.
2. Put the tea leaves into the pot.
3. Let an adult put the hot water from the teacup into the pot.
4. Watch as the tea leaves unfold.
5. Pour it carefully into the teacup after one minute.
6. Enjoy it together.
NOTE: We recommend serving hoijicha (roasted green tea) to little ones, as it has a lower caffeine content than other teas.