This month we're introducing our Hitoshizuku Tea Set, a little ceramic set that teaches how to serve Japanese tea to beginner enthusiasts. Beyond teaching you how to pour tea in the Japanese tradition, serving tea let you acquire a hospitable spirit towards your friends and family. In honor of this upcoming Mother's Day, we bring you a beginner tea-making tutorial, starring our founder Yuka and her son Riku.
You Will Need
- A small teapot
- A teacup
- 3 teaspoons of the loose-leaf green tea of your choice*
- Let an adult fill the teacup with hot water.
- Put the tea leaves into the pot.
- Let an adult put the hot water from the teacup into the pot.
- Watch as the tea leaves unfold.
- Pour it carefully into the teacup after one minute.
- Enjoy it together.
*We recommend serving hoijicha (roasted green tea) to little ones, as it has a lower caffeine content than other Japanese green teas.